1. Hi ^GrimFace242! You've been selected for our staff interview for #Love-Literature!
2. What made you want to become an admin for #Love-Literature? And what does your role entail?
I saw an opening for admin and applied.
I try to move about the Lit Community on dA and give a helping hand whenever and wherever I can. I'm a blogger for the group, so I'm (along with others) responsible for keeping the blogs up to date and making sure that contest winners are announced and the prompts are updated regularly.
3. You are an admin for various other groups, are you not ? Can you tell us a little about the other groups you help out?
Of course. At %CRLiterature
I work side-by-side with the Lit CVs and other awesome deviants in trying to keep the community up-to-date with the latest goings on, as well as scheming new ways to get deviants involved! I've been at #Beta-Readers
for over two years now making beta and author pairings. And #RomanceforEveryone
is working on getting back on its feet, and I'm trying to help them.
4. Are there any deviants who inspire you here on dA? If so, who are they are and what is your favorite piece of theirs?
Definitely! I have to say `thorns
Not only because she's a good friend, but when she does write, it's always awesome. Her History of Purgatory <fav.me/d3ce4zo
> is by far one of my favorites because it's not often you get to read that old world legend style. `ThornyEnglishRose
is a remarkable poet. I completely suck at poetry so to see someone do so well at it is amazing. I love The Portrait <fav.me/d37551i
>! And I can't forget *TheTerrorOfTheDeep
. We may harass each other constantly, but she's got one hell of a creative mind. I especially love her Dust Devil<fav.me/d4pa6hj
>. There are so many others I probably should mention, but these are the top three that came to mind!
5. We know you're a writer, but are you a reader? And what sort of stuff do you really like to read; what are you reading right now?
I don't get to read as often as I'd like. Real life usually gets in the way, but when I do get to read, I'm a sucker for old school. I love Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, Elizabeth Gaskell, stuff like that. There's just something about that style of writing that really appeals to me. There's more emphasis on the the lives of the characters and you get to watch this awesome journey in your head.
6. When did you start writing? Was it a conscious decision or just something you enjoyed doing?
I started writing in my early teens. It was a means of escape for me. Which was a necessity at the time.
7. Where do you want to go with your writing?
I'd love it to be something that I could do instead of what I actually do. Right now, I'm a graphic designer, but I was a tattoo artist for about ten years before that. But being able to stay at home with the dogs every day would be way better.
8. Tell us a random fact about yourself!
I have Selective OCD.
9. Now tell us something no one else/not many people know about you.
Hmm. This is a hard one. I'm open about the things I'm willing to talk about.
Oh, I know, I secretly love snuggling.
10. Finally, and thank you for taking part in this interview, what are your parting words to the members of #Love-Literature and the population of deviantArt in general?
Keep being awesome! This is a grand group and I'm lucky to be a member let alone an admin.